IJA Seeks Bookkeeper
Posted February 14, 2014
The International Jugglers Association is looking for a bookkeeper.
The IJA bookkeeper is a contracted position responsible for
maintaining all the documentation necessary for managing the finances of the International Jugglers' Association.
This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining the financial
records, paying IJA-authorized bills, and working with the Board of
Directors to help manage the IJA. We are looking for someone who can meet deadlines and work with a varying workload, as some months will be busier than others. This is an ongoing, paid contractor position, with the work being done remotely.
- Maintain IJA financial records and books
- Pay IJA bills
- Manage IJA bank and PayPal accounts
- Provide quarterly financial reports to the board within 30 days of the close of each quarter
- Prepare the IJA's annual IRS non-profit Form 990
- Assist in preparing the annual festival budget
- Prepare festival financial report within 90 days of the end of the festival
- Provide advice for project undertakings based on IJA finances
- Attend monthly board meetings by phone to provide reports and answer questions
- Assist in creating the annual organizational budget
- Process reimbursements
- IJA Board of Directors
- Treasurer of the IJA
- Previous bookkeeping experience
- Accounting experience using GAAP
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, Quickbooks
- Knowledge of non-profit financial management
- Associates degree in accounting
- Non-profit organization work experience
- Contract range: $8,000–$10,000 annually, depending on experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Lloyd
Timberlake, IJA Board Member, [email protected]
Note from the JuggleNYC Editors: Posted as received.